Executive Administrative Assistant - Confidential
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides confidential, executive level support in a one-on-one work relationship and serves as the primary point-of-contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Chef – Owner – Co-Founder. This individual will also serve as a liaison to the directors and leadership team, and organize and coordinate outreach and external relation efforts. The Executive Administrative Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-focused and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication, administrative, time management, and organizational skills, and the have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This individual will be able to maintain emotional presence while working in a dynamic environment.
- Support Office Administrator
- Support the Chef – Owner – Co-Founder with general record keeping and calendar management with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Collaborate with PR team to ensure appropriate preparation of resources for interviews and appearances. May require support outside of “office hours”.
- Create, prepare and/or proof internal and external correspondence on behalf of the Chef – Owner – Co-Founder and leadership as requested.
- Manage company email address and reply to guests directly or forward to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Follow up as needed to ensure all guest requests/inquiries are handled to the highest standard of Bartolotta hospitality.
- Manage ongoing training and development of the Support Office Administrator, including annual performance reviews
- Secure backup coverage for the Support Office Administrator as needed to answer phone calls, greet individuals who enter the building, and coordinate all mail and packages.
- Arrange domestic and international travel and accommodations for leadership and team members with complex schedules.
- Directly resolve all guest complaints or concerns via in-person, phone, or email correspondence with the highest level of hospitality.
- Coordinate attendees and guests for soft openings/practice parties.
- Prepare meeting agendas.
- Act as point of contact between Chef-Owner-Co-Founder and vendors and leaders for completion of projects. There may be multiple projects to juggle at any given time.
- Coordinate personal appointments as requested.
- Manage business paid cell phone plans by securing the best rate, upgrade devices and add international coverage as needed.
- Fulfill any other requests from Chef – Owner – Co-Founder, leadership, or family members.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with great attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to stay on task, appointments, and deadlines.
- Very strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, external partners, guests, vendors, and other affiliates.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/guest service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office/Computer skills: writing emails, transcribing notes, faxing, copying, scanning, and creating spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in the English language
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in a business-related field.
- 5-7 years of related work history and experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and working at a desk in front of a computer.
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
- Anticipated hours of work are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm, but must be able to work late nights and unpredictable hours due to the nature of the hospitality business and international travel requirements.