Internal Communications Manager
The Bartolotta Restaurants is a team of more than 500 staff and internal partners, across 17 locations, who count on us to help connect them to a larger purpose, to find ways to serve our guests with an ultimate fine dining experience while upholding exceptional hospitality standards. We use communications tools, resources, and ingenuity to foster culture, connections and business results.
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for internal communications and collaborating on programs and processes that connect, inform, and inspire our employees. This position is responsible for the development and management of internal communication assets that reflect the brand voice, and for ensuring engagement by and among The Bartolotta Restaurants team.
You’re our internal communications expert identifying what’s working, what’s not. You’re a creative problem solver who gets things done.
- Proactively develop the company’s internal communications strategy and leading its execution
- Enhance the employee brand, help build upon our culture, and establish the voice of our internal communications
- Write and distribute clear, meaningful, and actionable internal employee communications, while ensuring processes, procedures, and standards are effectively communicating to internal audiences. Communications include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly team member newsletter and weekly pre-shift meeting content
- Content and schedules for social media platforms (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) for recruitment and team member recognition
- Internal announcements and postings
- Weekly open position report
- Communications for employee functions
- Letters, presentations, web pages, staff directory, and other documents
- Employee branding that attracts and inspires team members
- Communications training for management staff
- Enhance the voice of the company to our employees
- Establish success metrics and goals for each internal communication initiative (i.e. are employees reading/absorbing the message)
- Understand and maintain awareness of our employee and management experience with messaging (i.e. periodic check-ins on what resonates, a review of important employee metrics, a review of company events and success metrics)
- Improve employee experience based on success rates with change and engagement with content
- Enthusiastically introduce and advocate for new internal communication concepts and initiatives within the company.
- Seek out stories, collaborating and collecting from Marketing/PR, GMs and Chefs and ensure internal and external messages are aligned.
- Represent The Bartolotta Restaurants at internal meetings, PR & media events, and more. Communicate on behalf of leadership and Marketing/PR and HR teams on new projects and products.
- Ensure internal communications convey and support the values, mission and vision of The Bartolotta Restaurants.
- Ensure the Bartolotta brand and communication standards are maintained throughout the internal employee communication channels.
- Support the Human Resources and Marketing Departments with developing and proofing content for areas such as special events, social media and employee communications.
- Capture quotes, videos and photographs from management and employees as needed to tell stories in multiple channels.
- Deliver messaging at a time and through a medium that resonates with our employees (i.e. employee newsletter, The Insider, pre-shift scoop sheet, other digital platforms)
- Other support in Human Resources, Marketing/PR Departments as needed.
You use data to inform your decisions and to evolve delivery through interpersonal, print and digital channels. You advocate on behalf of the team and are on a constant quest for excellence.
You collect, write, show and tell great stories to engage staff, rally the team and align to the vision.
You are a great communicator with skills to ensure messages are developed, understood and delivered with empathy and care for our employees and the outcomes needed.
This is a special place to build a career – and we want people to know it. The Internal Communications manager will help shape and grow our vibrant and thriving company.
- Effective leadership is promoted through the appropriate use of a wide range of communications strategy – your role puts you at the center of this important skill set and activity
- There are lots of great stories to tell here at The Bartolotta Restaurants and we need someone who’s excited, skilled and inspired to lead this role.
- Able to relate to managers and employees in an appropriate, positive and professional manner.
- Able to read and write clearly and in line with our culture
- Able to communicate verbally and issue communication clearly; hearing ability required with all communications.
- Ability to drive and transportation required.
- Position requires walking, sitting, standing for lengthy periods of time.
- Able to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
- Strong customer service and hospitality industry mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- 3 – 5 Years of relevant experience in human resources, marketing, communications or journalism
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, as well as meticulous attention to detail
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Sharepoint)
- Experience with Adobe Suite and social media marketing tools
- Experience with website CMS and basic HTML
- Outgoing, friendly, and eager personality to help with a wide range of tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and prioritize multiple projects
- Must successfully function as a team player in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment, working cooperatively with all levels of employees
- Experience with marketing analytics tools (Hubspot, WordPress, Google Analytics) a plus
- Previous experience working with media a plus
The Bartolotta Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise, qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.